Saturday, February 20, 2010

New Art Collection

First off, here is a bunch of doodles I did with my brother Adam. His are on the left, mine are on the right.

Added background info: Notice the heads of the cartoon mice Pinky & The Brain? We borrowed a DVD from the library and copied them from the cover.
Notice the tiny Phineas & Ferb heads? Those were from memory. I like to keep in practice drawing those 2.
Notice the lightening bug looking up at the stars and the cute little frog? On the 16th we went to the theater and saw the movie "The Princess and the Frog". If you've watched it, you'll know how special that lightening bug is. I just drew the frog from my imagination.

Now, here are a couple of drawing exercises I did myself yesterday. The whole homeschooling group first had to draw lines with different tools and name every tool they used. There were the conventional tools like crayons, pencils, pens, brushes, and pastels, but we also had access to napkins, toothbrushes, sticks, knifes, and our own fingers. This is the result of my experimentation.

Next, everybody had to draw self-portraits of themselves using mirrors and with the one rule not to erase anything. There weren't quite enough mirrors to go around, so Bettina and I had an idea: being twins, we were perfectly suited to draw each other, seeing as we look almost exactly alike. I drew this portrait of Bettina using crayons, so I would be sure not to erase anything.
Please leave a comment after reading this post. Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Comments are encouraged and appreciated.
Tell me what's on your mind, what you thought about my post, and any feedback you care to offer.

If it's not too much to ask...