Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Self-Portrait at 5 years old

I should have put this up half a month ago, when I made it, but better late than never.

For many months beforehand I've stared at the picture on the left wondering whether I could become a good enough artist to be able to capture myself accurately in pen or pencil. I used to gaze at it and promise myself I would tackle it the next day, and I wouldn't keep my promises, and every time I'd see the photo I'd feel a little more guilty. Finally on June 15, 2010 I thought to myself, "Okay, okay, I'll draw the picture already. I've been putting it off for long enough." Less than a half-hour later, I have my cute 5-year-old face beautifully rendered in ball-point pen. Hopefully my short story will serve as a lesson to you, my dear readers: Never put off till tomorrow what you can do in a half-hour today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Comments are encouraged and appreciated.
Tell me what's on your mind, what you thought about my post, and any feedback you care to offer.

If it's not too much to ask...