Saturday, July 30, 2011

Lovebirds in Oils


Believe it or not, this is my first ever oils painting. If you happen to be curious why my signature is so big, the reason I made it like that is I remember hearing somewhere that Vincent Van Gogh, when signing his paintings, would make his signature small if he wasn't particularly proud of the painting, and large if he was very proud of it. By this logic you can see how proud I am of my work. ^_^

I love the colors on these birds in real life. It's as if nature itself took a paint-brush and went all out on them! What a treat to recreate them for myself.

(Edit:)
After uploading this to my DeviantArt gallery (which you can visit at this link: Cartoonconnoisseur's Gallery), I got a positive comment on it just 1 minute later! How about that? Instant art-fan, just add art! ^__^

1 comment:

All Comments are encouraged and appreciated.
Tell me what's on your mind, what you thought about my post, and any feedback you care to offer.

If it's not too much to ask...